Switching to a hypoallergenic dog food is a reliable way to find your dog’s food allergy.
Hypoallergenic dog foods are made with “novel” proteins and carbohydrates (ones that your dog has never had before), like venison and potato, or duck and pea.
What is the best hypoallergenic dog food?
Here are The Dog Food Advisor’s top 10 best dog foods for allergies for June 2019.
- Acana Singles Duck and Pear Singles Formula.
- Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Salmon and Chickpeas.
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Chicken Flavor.
- Wellness Simple Limited Ingredient Diet.
- Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Real Turkey Recipe.
What is the best dog food for sensitive skin?
Sensitive Skin Dog Food
- AvoDerm Natural Dry & Wet Dog Food, for Skin & Coat, Chicken & Rice Formula.
- Taste of the Wild Grain Free High Protein Real Meat Recipe Pine Forest Premium Dry Dog Food.
- Purina Pro Plan Weight Management Adult Dry Dog Food.
- Purina Pro Plan Dry Dog Food.
How can you tell if your dog is allergic to food?
However, if your pet has a food allergy, that may present itself through itchy skin as well. Signs of dietary sensitivity also include chronic ear problems, vomiting, flatulence, or diarrhea, and coughing, wheezing and sneezing.
What can you give a dog with allergies?
The standard dosage for oral Benadryl is 1 mg per pound of body weight, given 2-3 times a day. Most drug store diphenhydramine tablets are 25 mg, which is the size used for a 25 pound dog. Always double check the dosage before giving an over the counter medication.
Photo in the article by “of Kadena Air Base”