Why would my cat suddenly be afraid of me?
If a cat doesn’t interact with people often or experiences abuse or trauma, later, he or she may be afraid to trust human caretakers and become a skittish kitty.
Here are some common reasons why cats exhibit fearful behavior.
Remember: no one reason is necessarily the only reason your cat is scared.
How do you know if your cat is scared of you?
How do you know if your cat is afraid?
- Running away.
- Aggression (which includes spitting, hissing, growling, swatting, biting, scratching, puffing fur and tail, arching back, swishing tail and flattening ears)
- Freezing in place.
- Losing control of bladder/bowels.
- Releasing anal glands.
- Refusing to use the litter box.
How do I get my cat to stop being scared of me?
Suggested clip · 46 seconds
How to Deal w/ Cat That’s Always Hiding | Cat Care – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you get a cat to trust you?
9 Ways To Build Trust In A Shy Cat
- Give her a quiet space, complete with the essentials.
- Be patient.
- Move slowly and quietly.
- Speak softly and quietly, but speak often.
- Pay attention to and respect her body language.
- Let her sniff you.
- Respect her “no touch” zones.
- Give her treats.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”