What human food can a cat eat?
15 Kinds of Human Food You Probably Didn’t Know Your Cat Could Eat
- Meats. Cats are by their very nature carnivores.
- Fish. Cats love fish; it’s why so much cat food features it.
- Blueberries. Blueberries are as good for your cat as they are for you.
- Certain Vegetables.
What foods can cats eat and not eat?
Common human food poisonous to cats
- Alcohol. As little as a tablespoon of alcohol can lead to problems for your cat.
- Chocolate. Chocolate contains theobromine.
- Coffee, tea and energy drinks.
- Cheese and milk.
- Fat trimmings, raw meat, raw eggs and raw fish.
- Grapes and raisins.
- Onions and garlic.
What is the best food for cats?
- THE BEST WET CAT FOOD. American Journey Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, $23, Chewy.
- THE BEST CAT FOOD FOR KITTENS. Hill’s Science Diet Kitten Dry Cat Food, $20, Amazon.
- THE BEST FOOD FOR ADULT CATS. Hill’s Science Diet Adult Dry Cat Food, $20, Amazon.
- THE BEST SENSITIVE STOMACH CAT FOOD.
- THE BEST CAT FOOD FOR ALL LIFE STAGES.
Is it bad to feed cats human food?
The truth is, if you examine the fine print, some foods on these warning lists can be safe for your cat — but only in small doses. And a good rule of thumb is that human food should not make up more than 15 percent of a cat’s diet.