The 5 Top-Rated Cat Foods for Indoor Cats
- Our Top Pick: Purina Beyond Grain Free, Natural, Adult Dry Cat Food.
- Our Runner Up Pick: Nutro Max Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food.
- Best Budget Pick: 9Lives Dry Cat Food.
- Best Wet Cat Food for Indoor Cats: Purina Friskies Indoor Adult Wet Cat Food.
Delight their palette with these smart food choices
- Best Overall: Nutro Max Adult Wet Canned Cat Food at Amazon.
- Best for Weight Loss: Avoderm Natural Weight Control Cat Food at Amazon.
- Best for Weight Gain: Tiki Cat Puka Puka Luau Cat Food at Amazon.
- Best for Seniors: Royal Canin Aging 12+ Wet Cat Food at Amazon.
Outdoor Cat Food
- Purina ONE Tender Selects Blend Adult Dry Cat Food.
- Meow Mix Original Choice Dry Cat Food, 22 Lb.
- Meow Mix Tender Centers Dry Cat Food.
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Dry Cat Food.
- Meow Mix Dry Cat Food Original.
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Dry Cat Food, Chicken.
- 9Lives Dry Cat Food.
Best for Older Cats: Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Dry Cat Food. In each of the flavor varieties of the grain-free Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Dry Cat food, your cat will get LifeSource Bits, special kibble pieces that contain specific vitamins and minerals to keep your adult cat healthy and active.The 5 Top-Rated Diet Cat Foods
|Our Vet’s Top Pick||Blue Buffalo Weight Control for Adult Cats||4.4|
|Runner Up||Hill’s Science Diet Cat Food for Healthy Weight and Weight Management||4.3|
|Best Budget Buy||IAMS Proactive Health Cat Food||4.5|
|Best Dry Diet Cat Food||BLUE Wilderness Weight Control Cat Food||4.5|
1 more row
- #1 IAMS Proactive Healthy Adult.
- #2 Rachael Ray Nutrish.
- #3 Purina Beyond Natural Grain Free Ocean Whitefish & Egg Recipe.
- #4 Eagle Pack Natural Dry Cat Food.
- #5 NUTRO MAX Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food.
- #6 AvoDerm Wild By Nature Cat Food.
Nature’s Variety Pride by Instinct Grain Free Flaked Canned Cat Food. The Nature’s Variety Pride cat food is a natural grain free formula that is a good choice for an adult indoor cat that also happens to be a finicky eater! They offer novel protein choices if your cat turns up her nose at the usual meats.
How much should you feed an indoor cat?
The bottom line. While kittens should be fed up to three times a day, once a cat becomes an adult (at about one year of age) feeding once or twice a day is just fine, says the Cornell Feline Health Center. In fact, feeding just once a day should be acceptable for the majority of cats.
What is the best food for cats?
- THE BEST WET CAT FOOD. American Journey Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, $23, Chewy.
- THE BEST CAT FOOD FOR KITTENS. Hill’s Science Diet Kitten Dry Cat Food, $20, Amazon.
- THE BEST FOOD FOR ADULT CATS. Hill’s Science Diet Adult Dry Cat Food, $20, Amazon.
- THE BEST SENSITIVE STOMACH CAT FOOD.
- THE BEST CAT FOOD FOR ALL LIFE STAGES.
What is the best dry cat food for indoor cats?
Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 17.6-lb bag
- Royal Canin Appetite Control Spayed/Neutered Dry Cat Food, 6-lb bag
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Grain-Free Healthy Weight Recipe Dry Ca
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain Indoor Weight Control Whitefish
What makes indoor cat food different?
Ideal Calorie Content — Indoor cats are less active, and therefore require fewer calories to maintain a healthy weight than their outdoor counterparts. Foods that are formulated to contain an ideal calorie content for an indoor lifestyle can help indoor cats maintain a healthy weight.