Our 2019 Guide to Picking the Best Senior Cat Food for Elderly
- Now Fresh Grain-Free Senior Weight Management Recipe Dry Cat Food.
- Nutro Wholesome Essentials Indoor Senior Farm-Raised Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe.
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Grain-Free Healthy Senior Recipe Dry Cat Food.
- Wellness Complete Health Senior Health Deboned Chicken & Chicken Meal Recipe.
What is the best dry cat food?
The Best Dry Food For Cats
- 1 Best Dry Food For Cats.
- 2 BLUE Wilderness High Protein Grain Free.
- 3 Hills Science Diet Indoor Dry.
- 4 Purina ONE Urinary Tract Health Formula.
- 5 Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Dry.
- 6 Purina Cat Chow Naturals Indoor.
- 7 Blue Freedom Grain Free Adult.
- 8 What To Look For In Dry Cat Food.
At what age should I feed my cat senior food?
Start your cat on a senior diet at about seven years of age. The main objectives in the feeding an older cat should be to maintain health and optimum body weight, slow or prevent the development of chronic disease, and minimize or improve clinical signs of diseases that may already be present.
Is high protein good for senior cats?
Many vets recommend that cats with diabetes eat a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet, which may help them gain better control over the disease. Kidney Disease : Many cats develop kidney failure as they age. Senior cats with kidney disease may need to be on a phosphorous-restricted diet.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”