Delicious and nutritious options for your feline friend
- Best Overall: Natural Balance Dry Cat Food at Amazon.
- Best for Weight Management: Blue Buffalo Dry Food at Amazon.
- Best Grain Free: Purina Beyond Natural at Amazon.
- Best Budget: Rachael Ray Nutrish Dry Cat Food at Amazon.
How much should you feed an indoor cat?
If we assume the average cat weighs approximately 10 pounds (5 kg) then the average indoor cat needs 250 calories a day. If the cat owner is feeding a good quality dry food, that has a good quality protein, then the indoor cat needs only approximately 1/3 to 1/2 cup of food each day.
What dry cat food do vets recommend?
- Purina Cat Chow Gentle Cat Dry Food.
- IAMS Proactive Health Specialized Care Adult Dry Cat Food.
- Hill’s Science Diet Indoor Dry Cat Food.
- Test of The Wild Cat Food.
- Purina Beyond Natural Grain Free Ocean Whitefish.
- Temptations Classic Treats for Cats Tempting Tuna Flavor.
- Purina One Indoor Advantage Adult Premium Cat Foot.
What is the best diet for a cat?
The best diet for your cat is one that replicates what she would eat in the wild—a moisture-rich, meat-filled diet. Cats are obligate (true) carnivores, and therefore require more quality-source protein in their diets than most other animals. We suggest feeding your cat a diet consisting mostly of quality canned foods.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”