According to davidsuzuki.org
What smell will repel cats?
Oils like citronella, lavender, peppermint, lemongrass and orange tend to repel cats when they smell them and are nontoxic. To make a homemade solution of these oils, mix one part essential oil with three parts water, recommends VetInfo.
What plants do cats hate the smell of?
Use scent to keep the cats away
- Interplant in the garden. Cats dislike the smell of rue, lavender and pennyroyal, Coleus canina and lemon thyme — so plant a few of these throughout the garden space.
- Cats steer clear of strong citrus scents.
- The scent of human hair deters cats.
What is the best cat repellent?
Reviews of the Best Cat Repellents
- Ssscat Automated Deterrent. The Ssscat Automated Deterrent can be used to repel cats that are within a 1 metre radius of the device.
- Pestbye Advanced Cat Scarer.
- Defenders Scatter Granules.
- Silent Roar Lion Manure.
- Rentokil FC61.
- Get Off My Garden.
- Contech Stayaway.
- Contech ScareCrow.
Do cats like the smell of lavender?
Lavender. As with us humans, the aroma given off by lavender attracts cats by drawing them towards it to sniff it and rub against it. Cats do not like essential oils. As their sense of smell is so strong, any essential oil can be too overpowering.
Photo in the article by “Mount Pleasant Granary”